Our Mission statement
HEART – Healthcare & Emergency Animal Rescue Team is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to saving lives and improving pet and wild animal health, safety, and welfare. (FIN 45-2483357)
Through our mobile unit, we are “On the Road Saving Lives” providing much needed medical care, rescue, adoption assistance, disaster response, education, and important resources for pet owners.
Our organization’s roots center around the growth of communication and education which is the key to a better world for pets and their families. Reaching out to people of diverse backgrounds in many communities, HEART provides vital education, assists in broadening public awareness, promotes responsible pet ownership, and inspires pet owners and non-pet owners to become proactive in important animal welfare issues.
Although our achievements have been great, our work is endless in our mission to help protect pets & people by:
* Decreasing the risk of zoonotic and other diseases and parasitic infestations through providing proper preventive pet health care;
* Providing essential medical care to pets which would otherwise not receive the care needed to reduce pain and achieve quality of life;
* Decreasing the number of unwanted pets through spaying and neutering;
* Decreasing the number of abused and neglected pets through providing public education;
* Continuing our focus on reducing homelessness experienced by people and pets alike, by providing free comprehensive care for homeless pets through our “Safe Haven for Pets & Packs” program; and
* Decreasing needless suffering and unnecessary euthanasia of animals.