VACCINE CLINIC PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS
Due to time restrictions and limited availability, appointment requests cannot be accepted later than 48 hours prior to the clinic you wish to attend. Minors must be accompanied by adults. Pet owners must be at least 18 years of age. Pet owners from any city or county may attend any of our clinics.
Appointments are scheduled in a manner which helps the flow of the entire clinic, so PLEASE do NOT arrive earlier than your assigned time slot.
Drive-thru and indoor clinics are held in the mornings, afternoons, and evenings, depending on the location, as depicted on our website “Calendar”. (Click on the respective Calendar date which provides specific information for that day’s clinic).
To Schedule an Appointment:
1) Complete and submit the “Appointment Request Form” by clicking the blue button at the bottom of this page.
2) Upload your pet’s prior vaccination records when submitting the Appointment Request Form (unless your pet will be receiving its first vaccines at our clinic). Certificates of Vaccination or detailed medical invoices will be accepted as valid records.
If you are unable to upload records, take a clear picture of the records and email them to: email@example.com. Make sure you include your name and your pet’s name. If no records are provided to us within 24 hours from the time you submit your Appointment Request Form, the Certificate of Vaccination issued to you will reflect vaccination due dates as if the vaccines administered were the first ones that your pet has ever received.
3) After we receive your Appointment Request Form and your pet’s vaccine records, we will call you within a couple days (between 10:00am – 6:00pm, Monday thru Friday). If we are unable to reach you, we will leave a voice mail message. It is your responsibility to return our call during the aforementioned hours. Please do not send an email.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please extend the courtesy of notifying us in advance of the clinic so that we may provide another pet and its owner the opportunity to receive our services in your place.
In the rare instance that a clinic may need to be canceled due to harsh weather conditions or other situations which may arise such as our deployment for disaster relief or other emergencies, a notice will be posted on our website calendar as soon as it is known that we must cancel a clinic. We will reschedule your appointment as soon as possible thereafter if you so wish.
*We cannot vaccinate pets which:
✓ May have shown any sign of illness in the past 2 weeks;
✓ May be pregnant;
✓ Are nursing puppies/kittens that are less than 4 weeks old;
✓ May have certain underlying health conditions or are on certain medications;
✓ Have ever had an adverse reaction to a vaccine (other than mild soreness or mild lethargy).
* Unless your pet will be receiving a Rabies vaccination at our clinic, if it is 4 months of age or older, it must be current on its Rabies vaccine in order to attend our clinic. Proof of the vaccination (a Vaccine Certificate signed by a veterinarian licensed to practice in the United States) must be provided at the time you schedule your appointment.
* To receive a 3-year Rabies vaccination for your pet, it must have received a previous Rabies vaccination at least 12 months prior to the vaccine it is about to receive; otherwise, it will receive a 1-yr vaccination. If it has been longer than 3 years since the time your pet’s last Rabies vaccination was due, we will only administer a 1-year Rabies vaccine.
* Nail trims can only be provided on pets which are cooperative and easy to manage. We do not have the extra time needed to work with fearful pets.
* Prescription flea & tick control medication is sold in quantities of no more than a 6-month supply per pet due to the limited stock on hand. We do not provide prescriptions for flea & tick control.
* Fearful or unfriendly dogs must wear a muzzle prior to exiting the owners’ vehicles. (Basket muzzles are best to prevent your dog from overheating). If you do not have a muzzle, a restrictive muzzle will be provided for your use during the time our staff is handling your dog.
* Dogs must wear a properly fitting collar or harness so that it is not loose enough for the dog to slip out of if it pulls away from you or our staff. A sturdy leash must be attached to the collar/harness. No chains or expandable leashes are permitted. We may also ask you to place our slip lead on your dog prior to transferring it to our staff.
* All cats must be in secured carriers designed for pet transportation. No cardboard carriers are allowed.
* If your pet is microchipped at our clinic, do not bathe your pet for 2 weeks. The registration for the microchip has been pre-paid by HEART; however, it is your responsibility to register your pet on line or by phone and keep your contact information current with the respective microchip company.
* A face mask must be worn covering your nose and mouth at any time you come in close contact with our staff. Please be courteous to everyone and reschedule your appointment if you or household members have been ill within 10 days prior to your appointment.
* You will receive a copy of a Certificate of Vaccination before you leave our clinic, along with written post-clinic care instructions. Please do not lose your Certificate, as we charge a $25 processing fee to provide duplicate copies.
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Click the Blue button below. Please be complete and answer all questions to the best of your knowledge. You must submit a separate form for each pet needing an appointment. In the event you cannot make your appointment and a 48 hour notice cannot be provided to HEART, a $10 missed appointment fee will be added to your future appointment if you choose to reschedule. Additionally, a $20 non-refundable deposit will be required at the time of rescheduling, which will be applied to the amount owed for the services rendered at that appointment.
EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS!
If you are able to give just a little extra to help provide vaccinations for pets whose owners aren’t able to afford to do so during these devastating times, please add a little on to your payment as a donation. Thank you in advance for your kindness and generosity!